Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Lemonade

Well. I'm making lemonade. The sale did indeed fall through. Our buyers could not get their financing. We had to scramble to get our kids magnet school spots back. I was completely devestated for a day or so. I've picked myself back up and am pushing on.

I've decided to keep making steps toward homesteading. I've decided to make do with what we have, where we are, right now.

I planted my fall garden in containers.
I made a flow through worm bag composter.
I ordered my red wigglers.
I've begun gathering supplies to make my own egg incubator.
I'm watching various hatching egg auctions on eggbid and ebay.
I purchased a large upright freezer to replace our old small deepfreeze.
I'm going canning crazy at the farmers market this week.


I keep reading and researching, putting into practice everything I learn. First small scale here. Hopefully on a bigger scale somewhere else.

I might still be a little sour about it but I'm still making lemonade out of these lemons.

No comments:

Post a Comment