Monday, November 16, 2009

Trudging On

We're still trudging on over here. I'm still moving forward with making our lives simpler and more peaceful. I recently started taking a yoga class once a week while Charlie is in preschool. It's hard as hell, I am sooooo out of shape but I'm sticking with it. It's worth it just to have someone stand next to you and remind you to think only about yourself for an hour. I'm slowly remembering to take time to care for myself.


We finally were able to move Josie to a new classroom with a more experienced teacher. We were also able to get her started on ADD medicine. It's not great but it's better. For now that's good enough. With three kiddos with special needs the squeaky wheel gets the grease. Right now that's Choo Choo. His evaluation to transfer from our states First Steps program to the public school services is coming up. He had an EEG today to fine tune his seizure medications. He raged the entire time so we'll likely have to go back and repeat it. They wanted him sleepy for the test so that he might actually sleep....he was just overly tired and cranky. Cranky enough to pull off a 45 minute tantrum.

I'm tired just thinking about it.
But tomorrow is another day. And not just any other day. The Pioneer Woman comes to St. Louis tomorrow to sign her cookbook. Jen and I will be going together to get a cookbook signed for us and her mother. I've heard the lines will be outrageous. I'm hoping I can keep myself awake long enough to make it to the end.


No comments:

Post a Comment